A young girl cries in the corner. Mourning the hope of a life that wasn’t Wrong cards were drawn Other errors formed A girl cries in the corner What became of summer Days of promise and adventure Raised voices echo … Continue reading →
This is for a young person I know quite well who believes the garbage put out in society and media and is dealing with a lot of misguided self-image beliefs. Fat Like Me Do you see me? Through the layers? … Continue reading →
I am grateful for:
• The blood that runs through these veins and this dang sinus cold for they tell me I’m alive
• For my friends good fortunes and success for I don’t want them to suffer
• For my friends “challenges” for it is through our mistakes that we learn
• my struggles, for I’m still standing
• My pain, for it’s an opportunity to rise above
• Others misconceptions of me, for it is fun to blow their minds
• Another year with my mom; for they get more precious with time
And there I stop as always fate interrupts and gives me a moments pause.
Tonight my mom took a nasty fall, landing on her right knee and smashing her forehead against the dryer. The very sharp surgical steel knife she had in her hand cut her nose in the process and the force with which she hit the dryer broker her nose.
There was so much blood. So much. I managed some how to get it clotted using pressure and ice. But, still needed to call the emt’s.
I spent hours in the emergency room trying to calm her down she was shaking so. All she kept talking about was getting her damn turkey in the oven.
She was so fragile, so small. I wanted to rock her in my arms.
She was terrified that it was going to be complications which would keep her in the hospital.
But, around 3am we found out that besides the nose break and enormous lumps on her forehead and knee, she was going to be ok.
I got her home and settled at 4am. Now I’m sitting her, keeping vigil while she tries to sleep.
I don’t care about the turkey or the pastries. I will stay with her tonight and tomorrow if she can’t make it to dinner.
Tonight I was given a gift. One that resonates in my heart and will be there long after her bruises, cuts and nose have healed. I am so lucky to have her in my life